Sunday 22 December 2013

Sintra the fairytale

I blame facebook for making me wanting to visit this place for so long. I saw photos of my friend being at Pena Palace and they were superbly beautiful architecture on top of the hill.

We hired a private tour which brought us around Sintra and Cascais to visit 5 places for €25 per head. The driver, Joao waiter for us outside the attraction places and let us wondering around as long as we wanted.

Moorish Castle is located at the very top of the hill and has amazing view. However, since the dark came early during winter time, we did not really have much time to spent here.

So, we visited Pena Palace instead. The entrance fee is €11 and the transfer is €2. The weather was so breezy and slightly rainy. Every single part of the palace is built with precision, the colours of the wall are attractive and bright that makes the palace the second beautiful after Neuschwanstein Palace in Bavaria, Germany.

Cascais is the most western point of Europe. The wind was so strong that I could not take a picture while standing. People were scared that the wind would blow me away as I was too light. The point is facing the Atlantic Ocean. I wonder if I could ever see America from there. LOL.

We also visited a cliff with houses  in Sintra. During summer time, the water stagnant in a natural pool is used for swimming by the visitors. The view was breathtaking thought it was dark when we arrived at that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment