Monday 16 December 2013

My second round of Barcelona

Winter 2012 and 2013 are filled with my usual hobby i.e. Travelling. Guess what my destonation is? It is somewhere you can learn about architechture, history, as well as nature no one could ever deny who The Creator is. I'm travelling to Barcelona (Yes, Barcelona for the second time), Lisbon, and Faro. My travel buddy now is Kak Rozi and family; including her husband Abang Shah and her sweet clever daughter, Balqish and a cheeky boy who melts everyone's heart, Arryan, and Ainul. We, together form a group of 4 adults, 1 children and an infant. Why do I stress about the group age? It is because the expenses are different between ages, hence their necessities.

I'm currently in Barcelona whilst writing this and hoping everything will be as smooth as I wish. InsyaAllah...

We started our day at half past 9 in the morning by taking metro to Sagrada Familia. Sagrada Familia is one of the must-go-places in Barcelona. It is built over 100 years and still not yet finished due to less public funds. Basically it is an on-going built of church designed by Antonio Gaudi. The architecture is simply amazing as it involves a highly complicated art. But, obviously as an engineer like me, does not really appreciate anything without practicality. As long as the building has significant function and use to humans, then I have no objection on its building process.



Soon after that, we took the metro to  Collblanc for  Barcelona Stadium tour. I barely made a decision for not going for the tour as I was so clueless about football arena. My ignorance to take part in this men's world thing made me a noob in the tour. Though I had once been for Anfield tour, I did not even remember who and what so ever to be honest. I only took pictures and posed while being photographed as typical Asian girl would always be. I went into the stadium with Abang Shah as the rests did not want to go in. The ticket  (€17) was pretty expensive even after student discount. What made it even more worst was that the tour had no tour guide, except you had to add €5 more for a walkie talkie, which we would not opt. So, Abang Shah was the one who gave a brief explanation to me while touring.


Apparently I just knew Messi and his golden achievement in the career. That was the least I know now. Haha.



Parc Guell was way up on the hill and luckily we were aided by three escalators near to the top. From the monumental area, we could see the city of Barcelona nicely. The price we had to pay for the park was €8. Again, this park is designed by Gaudi in early 1900. He used colourful tiles to enhance the beauty of his architecture including the lizard. I was so excited that I finally went to this place because in my previous trip last year, we did not have the chance to stop by because of an incident.



The tummy was empty. Everyone was less energised. We made a stop for dinner at a restaurant near Lesseps metro station and had seafood paella for €9.50 and seafood pasta for €5.70. The menu was simply delicious and it was obviously due to the great cook and recipes and also our hungriness. I got a red love lollipop as a thank you sweet at the end of the meal which made my day bright.


Say you have a great sense of art, what would you do? Gaudi built two buildings with similar sense of designs. We stopped at Lesseps metro station to go to Casa Battlo, and walked about 6-10 minutes to Casa Mila. The wall of these buildings is not flat. He must be so immensed in wave function that he built such wall. (i'm curious).


So we finished all top 4 Gaudi's architectures in Barcelona. We took the metro to Catalunya to go to Hard Rock Cafe. To be honest, I am not the fan of the collection. (Apa orang kata? Dah ada kehendak, kita turutkan je la). Balqish asked why are we here? I just answered because your parents want to do some shopping.


The last attraction we covered today was Agbar Tower. It is a tower that has colorful lights on it. The tower glows brightly to add the beauty of Barcelona. (Kalah i-city Shah Alam, okey?).

No comments:

Post a Comment