Monday 27 June 2011

FRIENDS

By Amirah Che Azmi

We all have many types of friends,
And in our life they come and go.
But if we can understand their roles,
Then it can be easier to let some go.


Some friends are there for you,
At a time when you are in dire need.
They have come into life for a reason,
Giving you what you require indeed.


But when this reason is resolved,
It often becomes time to part,
Because when the reason is gone,
Both may want a fresh new start.


Other friends are there for a season,
To laugh with and have lots of fun.
But just as seasons come to an end,
Sometimes these friendships are done.


Some people are very fortunate,
To have very special lifetime friends.
Who will remain in their life forever,
And that is a friendship that never ends.


I am lucky and have many lifetime friends,
Who came into my life for a reason.
We’ve enjoyed many laughs and shed tears,
But they stayed long after a season.


This is taken from a tagged note. A friend who tagged me this note was my section-mate in high school. This poem reminds me on every friends that I have met in this world. Honestly, when I was in the kindergarten or school, I barely knew who was my best or close friends, but after finishing the school, I realized that how grateful was I for having such wonderful friends before, time made me to appreciate a friendship more, when I missed them and the moments we had so much. My busy high school schedule would not let me to enjoy my high school that much, so when I was sent to AC, living far away from parents, AC made me being quite dependent to the surrounding. I had to make friends there and I was lucky to meet my very two best girl friends there who are now studying in USA. From that friendship, I felt even more grateful to be in contact with my primary school friends, high school friends and even my Newcastle friends. Everyone seems to change from time to time depending on their chosen careers, so do I. What I wish here is to be able to reunite with each one of my wonderful friends from my past time till now, on my wedding ceremony. Haha. Joking la. That is so quick to be thought on. I hope that the friendship is everlasting and I am praying for the best to happen to each one of us. InsyaAllah...

No comments:

Post a Comment