Saturday 20 April 2013

Heidelberg

Heidelberg is one of the UNESCO cities that is popular with one of the oldest universities in Europe, Heidelberg University. The main attractions are obviously concentrated on the Old Bridge and Heidelberg Castle. Heidelberg was peaceful when we came. The new town, where our hotel is located, was alive and full with people, regardless their ages. When we walked in the old town, we could see many students as the university was running as usual.

Hotel: Ibis Hotel Hauptbanhof, Heidelberg
Local transport: Bus (Day ticket  for 5 person = 16 Euro)

Organic apple
We started our exploration by going into shops along the street, looking for souvenirs to be brought back to the UK. We made a stop at 4711 perfume shop selling an evergreen perfume, suitable for evergreen people. LOL. Apparently, from the shopkeeper's stories, Eau de Cologne or natural vapouriser is originated from Koln, a city we went in the evening. Mak Cik (Kak Sureena's mom) bought the original fragrance that she always wanted and longed for all this while after such brand was no longer available in Malaysia.

There was a lady, stood up by the street, giving a sample of her shop's product. I tasted a bit and it was super delicious. I asked her what was it that I tried and she said it was wild garlic spread. I stepped into the shop and tried something else until my stomach full. Oh My Goodness. All products are organic. Even the apple crisps are tasted fresh and sweet. I wished to buy every single item in the shop for my family to have a taste. But, since we did not have much spaces left in the luggage, I only bought a jar of wild garlic spread and  600g apple crisps for 14 Euro.

The cathedral
This big cathedral? I know nothing about it though t is listed as one of the major attraction in Heidelberg aldstadt. There are a lot of souvenirs sold outside the building, and almost all of them are a lot more expensive. While walking through the street, I tried so hard to finish the big apple. I was even warned by the souvenir seller not to touch the scarf with a hand handling the apple. LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment