Saturday 26 January 2013

Strawberry cake sempena birthday ibu!

24th January is my mom's birthday. Since the examination was over, I decided to bake a cake; a strawberry cake. There are plenty of recipes on the web, so I have to merge a few recipe us, hence recipe that I'll be showing you now.

For cake batter:
1.5 cups sifted self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter/margerine
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup fresh strawberry
1 teaspoon vanila essence
1/4 cup milk (optional)

Our oven's temperature does not reach 350C temperature, so I just preheat it to the max, i.e 200C.
Basically, just add all wet ingredients together and mix them together.
Then, add dried flour into the mixing bowl. Only if the batter is quite hard, you add into some milk to soften and ease mixing process. If not, it's not necessary to do so. The bottom of my cake was quite moist at first, though it had been baked for 40 minutes. For that, I flipped it over to enhance baking for its bottom layer. I don't know if the mistake comes from extra milk I put. As I told you just now, I merged two recipes, one got  milk in it, and one weren't.

For decoration:
Fresh strawberries
Double cream
Icing sugar

So yeah, the result was still awesome after all. I baked three layers of the batter. After letting them cool down to room temperature, I started to beat double cream together with icing sugar for frosting. The icing frost is to make sure the cake is layered nicely, and to cover all those 'cacat' from the baking. (You could tell what had been going on if you put too much milk later. Haha). After covering the whole cake in white, just decorate it as you wish. I put some strawberry slices around the cake and wrote 'happy birthday ibu' on top of the cake with purple icing. It looked lovely. Alhamdulillah, the taste was lovely too, sweet. Worth the sweat and struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment