Monday 25 July 2011

ProJek Kals0M 17

Date : 11th - 15th July 2011
Venue : Melaka Tropical Fruit Farm, Sg Udang

Everyone who involved in this project is hangover now. Post Kalsom syndrome. My news feed is full with all posts related to this project. Not enough for that, Outward Bound participants had also posted about their program too. 'Meriah' la my Facebook. Nak post something yg lain dr yg lain pon mcm segan as I'm not that hangover. Huhu.

Ushering the participants to their hostel, made new friends with other facilitators, opening ceremony - nice talk from the local YB. So the time came. Semangat berkobar2 for the first day. Kenal2 adik2 in my group. But it was my first time facilitating a group, so nak wat introduction tu, kekok sket. I remembered a few ice breaking games when conducting sessions at Atlantic College. So I tried using the same pendekatan. But I was wrong. They are 16, not 7 or 8. The sessions went boring as I didn't have interesting ideas anymore. We finished early for that session. I was in need of a help, other facilitator to be a mate to conduct that 6 persons group. After all, it was nice knowing Alia, Fatin, Najihah, Harith, Yau and Prakash. You'll be knowing all behaviors of theirs for the next 4 days.

2nd day went well with the presence of my mate in the group, called Abg Sharif. Obviously I've to call him Abg as he's so much older than me. Haha. Group identity was made and our group was called R.E.N.T.A.P. They said Rentap was a fighter, so they are.

3rd was fantastic. We had an explorace around the fruit farm. Even though it was hectic, I had a lot of fun. Some times I thought that I was a bit hyper on that day. LOL. Adik2 had a chance to 'menyumpit', 'melastik', masuk sawah, rasa buah melaka, jadi mak andam and etc. A lesson we learned on that day is, "hidup ini seperti buah melaka, mula2 pahit, kelat, masam, tapi bila ditelan, lama2, manis yang di rasa di dalamnya". That kata2 was from one of the jurulatih which I assumed was a pensioner military commander long time ago, En Hamdan. He was so garang okay?

4th day, it was all about business. business classes which I had no idea exactly what some things were. after theory and case study sessions, then we had business trading game. This game was like 'main saham' la. Got broker, buffer, stock market, and etc. The situation in the hall was super hectic, with me, shouting to them as they were blocking the stock market screen. HAHA. I was excited. Sorry adik2. Free2 korg kne jerit camtu. They also had to do a presentation, all in english. And my group won 2nd place among their own big group. Yeay. I was proud of them. Really!

5th day, the last day. Finalist in a final round. Finalist of great presentations, Miss and Mr Kalsom. Everyone was in happy mood, especially when singing Gemuruh by Faizal Tahir. Ha, adik2 were awesome, we took pictures together, exchanged email addresses.

The memory of Kalsom would always be in my heart. The spirit that I saw in each one of them really made me proud of them. At least I know, we had done good deeds, and those students really had brighter futures. Hu Ha Hu Ha Projek Kalsom

No comments:

Post a Comment