Tuesday 10 April 2012

My childhood ambition

Once upon a time, in a far far preposterous river-land , there was a young cute girl lived in a small house, together with her family. She was too small that people could hardly guess her real age. Day by day, she grew up with her family's love, playing mischievously with her elder brother as well as making mess at living hall. You could just imagine how a mom had to tidy up every single day, oh well, lets talk frankly, every single time they finished playing. 

One day, she went  to a shop, accompanying her family to buy her brother a school bag. At that time, she was still too small to be sent to a school. So, the parents refused to buy her one too. But, with her 'what I want, I MUST get' whim that she cried out loud and laid on the shop floor while kicking her small foot to the ground, she got one. Nice try, buddy! She was so keen to be formally educated that she entered her kindergarten era at a very young age 3. That was also included with her nothing-but-scrap papers she kept in her bag, just to make the bag seemed fully occupied. When she slept, as so well mentioned and pictured in old photos, she always had this kind of habit, i.e sucking her own middle and ring fingers till they got swollen. That was her in her big baby time.

"Wait! When are we in?"
"Back in 1997."
"How come?" 
"Time machine. I want to recall back my fickly ambition. Haha." 
But, first, let's enjoy this video MY GENERASI


Spotted one biodata book in the video above? Ok, let's start from there. Do you still remember how we change our very first few ambition when we were in primary school? I remember writing ambitions like astronaut, scientist, architect, NO DOCTOR as I'm afraid of taking medicines and injection, and even gymnast!

Those ambitions will change when we discover or learn new things. As for astronaut and scientist, the interest may develop when you start gaining knowledge in science subject, studying about Earth and its solar system, basic science principles like acid and alkali, I remembered bringing some fruits to the science class to make prickle out of them, and etc. When we realise we are actually quite good and getting A's for artworks, the ambition may then change to become an architect. So random, right? Haha.

One time in 1998, 98' Commonwealth Games was held in Kuala Lumpur which then had triggered me to become a gymnast. That was super duper ridiculous ambition among all. How could I be a gymnast without going to any early training, right? Gymnasts in the games were so good at showing their skills, they all looked graceful and beautiful in each movement especially with ribbons.

Moving to secondary school, I was too unsure about my future career until I reached to Form 4. When we were in upper form, we got to know more about science knowledge we had. Mathematics was then becoming harder. Everything looked so real in showing us just a bit of flavour on our future profession. So, I assumed I was quite good in Chemistry. Even though Chemistry was not my very best subject towards the end, but I was happy to gain the knowledge. Physics were tough as I always fell asleep in physics classes. However, it might be my lucky chance that I got good marks in the exam. Added with me holding mini scholarship from PETRONAS since in form 1, I made up my mind to be a chemical engineer.

2012. Sometimes I feel the course is burdening me as moving to 2nd stage. Assignments and academic materials are quite difficult to understand. Being in lecture theater seems like being in a space with a super intelligent alien talking to me about matters on white big screen with formulae and graphs I barely understand. And now, at least for the remaining two years and half, I'm still reading chemical engineering course at Newcastle University and soon becoming a chemical engineer in PETRONAS.The journey becomes harder and harder and I need to climb up quicker. But, holding to a motto 'Allah won't burden you if you aren't up to the standard', I will carry on this and keep learning. InsyaAllah...

No comments:

Post a Comment